Our team of engineers, compositors, and editors understands the various workflows used across our industry for digital conversion, and partners with you to find the right way to manage your files from author manuscript through to final digital assets.
Our workflows are designed to ensure that the processes are clear and work cooperatively with your workflows and timelines.
We have three tagging options available for you and your copy editors:
- Out-of-the box tagset – easy to use, with a clean codebase for composition and XML conversion.
- Map your editor’s copyediting tags – unifying your set and mapping to the set for composition and XML conversion.
- Continue to use your current tagset or variant tags – sending files to us for a cleanup, prior to composition and XML conversion.
Digital conversion capabilities:
- Creation of printer PDFs
- Creation of web PDFs
- ePubs, including reflowable and fixed-layout files (ePub, Mobi, KF8, ePib, Page Perfect)
- Custom, complex interactive ePub file conversion
- XML files specific to Atypon, HighWire, and other platforms
Westchester is conversant in XML standards such as NLM, DocBook, TEI, and others, as well as client-specific document type definitions (DTDs).
We also offer our own proprietary DTD, Westchester Universal, and can provide custom XML workflows specific to your needs (i.e. at the copyediting stage).